On Wed. of this week, QuickBooks customers who are on unsupported versions of the software received a critical notice from Intuit regarding a 1099 printing issue. They notified customers on QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Mac/ES 2007-2010 that there is a 1099 printing issue due to an IRS change; customers need to upgrade to QB 2014 if they want to continue to print 1099s and will get a 20% discount off the upgrade.
Here is an update regarding the critical notice that began going out to QuickBooks customers on Wednesday. The communication prompted a few customer questions and we wanted to clarify the following information:
• The IRS changes to the Tax Year 2013 1099-MISC tax form did not include adding any boxes.
• However, the IRS changes did include changing the format, size and/or position of a number of boxes.
• It is this reformatting of the boxes by the IRS that will cause the alignment issues when customers on unsupported versions of QuickBooks print their 1099-MISC forms.
• ONLY customers on QuickBooks 2010 or prior are impacted by these IRS changes and need to consider upgrading or handwriting the forms.
• Customers on QuickBooks 2011-2014 are NOT impacted by these IRS changes. They will be able to print their 1099s correctly from QuickBooks.
As previously mentioned, impacted customers have two options:
• OPTION 1: Complete the 1099-MISC forms by hand and submit them to the IRS. The IRS will accept handwritten forms. Customers can go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099gi.pdf, section G for IRS guidelines and details on filing by hand.
• OPTION 2: Upgrade to QuickBooks 2014. Upgrading to QuickBooks 2014 will help save customers time by allowing them to print 1099s directly from QuickBooks, with no alignment issues. Their QuickBooks data will print directly from QuickBooks 2014 onto the correct section of their 1099 forms.
For customers choosing to upgrade to QuickBooks 2014, we are offering 20% off Pro, Premier, and Mac 2014, as well as 20% off QBES 14.0 (5/10/30 users licenses only).
Contact us at English Management Solutions, Inc. today for pricing and more information on the latest version of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, V2014. Speak to our Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor Consultant who is a nationwide expert. You can have peace of mind that you will receive accurate answers to all of your valuable questions.