How to Access Your QuickBooks Online Subscription
I don’t know about you, but whenever I used to have to download and install software onto my computer I would get nervous because I never knew if I was doing it right. I always would come back to check that the progress bar continued loading all the way until it got up to 100% complete. Thankfully, after having to install various programs throughout my life, it has become a little easier each time. I guess it is true what they say, “practice does makes perfect”.
With QuickBooks Online we don’t have to worry about making sure the program has been installed onto the computer. Because it is cloud based you will be able to access your account from everywhere. Yes, you read right, EVERYWHERE! You can go on vacation to Italy and see how your books are doing through your smartphone or any computer. Everywhere access and the easy to use functionality of QuickBooks Online is the reason why everyone is switching over!
This past week I had a couple people email me about setting up QuickBooks Online so we have come up with a list of simple steps to help get you through the process.
- How to order QuickBooks Online
- Contact your Intuit Reseller so you can receive the lowest pricing
- Once you have placed your order and it has been processed you will receive your username and password setup email from Intuit and your reseller. The email will also include a list of instructions to follow
- Follow the steps and you will be all set.
- How to access your QBO
- Check inbox for email from Support@intuit.com , the link within the message will prompt you to create a new password for your new QBO account.
- Go to qbo.intuit.com to enter your login information
- NOTE: we recommend using Chrome as your browser or the latest version of Firefox or Explorer
- You will then be taken to the setup wizard that will guide you through a few basics needed to create your new company file
- Confirm or enter your company information. Click on “Save and Next”.
- Select your industry and answer a few basic questions about your business. Click on “Save and Next”.
- Watch while the magic happens. Click on “Save and Next”.
- You will be taken to the Home Page
- Once your QuickBooks subscription is setup there are a few other key tasks you will want to do right away. If you need help, QuickBooks Online phone support is available at
- How to Connect your Bank Account:
- The wizard will walk you through activating each bank or credit card account you wish to download transactions from.
- You will need your user id and password for each Financial Institution.
- How to modify your Chart of Accounts if needed
- You can review the chart of accounts that QuickBooks created for you and make any changes necessary.
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner next to your business name and choose “Chart of Accounts”
- Add, Edit or Delete the accounts created. You will use these when assigning downloaded bank transactions.
- How to invite an accountant or bookkeeper
- Click on the link in the Activities panel of the Home Page.
- Click on the Invite Accountant button
- Enter the email and Name of the Accountant or Bookkeeper
you want to invite.
- Last but not least download the Mobile App so you can track your
expenses and more on the go from your phone or tablet
Remember to Email or Facebook us with your questions. We offer everyone a free call to do a needs analysis and who knows, you might be featured on our next How To’s With M.E.
I look forward to next time!
Always Remember: Enjoy your day!